Monday, May 26, 2008

Ashley In Film


Mitch Hicks- “Ashley, Great to have you here today. As you know were very interested in a lot of upcoming projects you’re going to be working on, so tell us what’s new with you?”

Ashley Almon- “Thanks Mitch, Well let’s see... I just got back from doing a few things and I’m starving for more but yet sleeping a lot ha ha.”

MH- “That’s right, I hear you were cast in a feature film in Calgary?”

AA- “ I was, I was, It was exasperating and I never drank so much coffee in my life. I now want to un-validate the stereo types of actors and actresses being so skinny because of purging. It’s called the film diet Mitch.”

MH- “Ashley, this sounds like a diet that might work for me! What is it exactly?”
AA- “The film diet is when you get cast in a film and you’re so stoked on set that all you do is drink coffee and smoke. No matter how awesome ACTRA is and how much croissants, pastries or candy they leave out for you, your just way to excited to do your scene to realize there’s a warm and sweet goldmine sitting on a table next to you ha ha.”

MH-“Actually that’s not a bad theory. Ok the movie is called ‘Confessions of a go-go girl’ so what was your role and what was being on set like?”

AA- “Well my role was a relatively small one, I was cast as a dancer at a club the main character works at, still awesome though! Being on set feels like a home I desperately want to go back to. I was blessed however with this production being with ACTRA so as I mentioned the food was in mountains and everything was awesome. I can’t believe how addicted I was to this industry after only 10 minutes of being there.”

MH-“Oh a dancer huh? Is there any nudity involved?”

AA- “Well I’m going to leave that to your imagination until the movie comes out, however I will say there is a fine line with nudity in ones career. I rather not do too much of that if I can help it because it can lead the wrong person into the adult film industry and not the feature film industry. When it comes down to nudity it’s more about the scene, the story, and the whole presence of it all and not about showing off a nice rack” (laughs and smiles)

MH- “So any love interests on set?”

AA- “ (laughs) Oh my god, everyone is infatuated with me and the love scene going on in my life!
I have to say no however there was an interesting actor I met. I was sitting on a couch in this one room waiting to be called for my next scene and this tall blonde guy came into the room and sat down on the couch across from me. We started chatting and he was waiting for his scene as well and I asked him how long he had been acting for and we talked some more and he turned out to be Brad Pitts stunt double on ‘The Assassination Of Jesse James’ and Owen Wilsons stunt double on ‘Shanghi Noon’. My mouth dropped and I was thinking ‘whoa, this guy is awesome, I’m sitting across from a superstar!’ So that blew my mind. I kicked myself after for not telling him to tell Owen to gimme a call sometime” (Blushes)

MH- “Ashley when you see him again, tell him to tell Brad to give me a call sometime! Now Ashley, We also heard that you just studied under a actor in Calgary and the course was entitled ‘Audition Hell’, so tell us what hell was like?”

AA- “ Hell was a blast. It was taught by a actor, director and writer Peter Skagen. I love him to death because he’s funny but mostly because he gives you the truth. With the truth, we discovered that ‘my sell’ is a mean femme fatale style but I also can do comedy and play the nice girl. I was the only one in that class who could do comedy and drama, and be a mean and nice girl so I was way stoked. Alot of girls were mad at the label they got (which is the way the audience will and want to see them) but I was super happy. I ended up doing a scene from ‘Cruel Intentions’ and it was beautiful.

MH- “So anything else on the agenda? Your career is moving very fast!”

AA-“I am actually going to be studying under Deb Green from Brokeback Mountain June 8th. There are also some auditions coming up for a feature film named ‘Dear Prudence’ which I am dying to get into. But we’ll see” (smiles)

MH- “Ashley you’re a sweetheart and a talented actress, Thanks for the update! And everyone check out Confessions of a go-go girl soon to air here in the states on the Time channel as well as release on DVD late this year!”

No comments: